Every business now considers Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) as an affordable solution for communication demands. It is one of the latest telephony systems that allow you to make calls over the internet.
VoIP has become popular in recent time, but it has been there since the 1970s. There were no service providers at that time to make VoIP services available for business organizations. Time has changed now because you get services like KeenSystems 3CX which offer excellent VoIP services at the most competitive prices across the Netherland.
A VoIP phone turns the user’s voice into data packets and sends it across the internet to the recipient. The receiver decodes these small data packets and converts them into voice to convey the message. Although thousands of people are praising VoIP, it also has certain drawbacks. Continue reading to reveal what are the advantages and disadvantages of using a VoIP system.
Advantages of using a VoIP system:
The following advantages make VoIP beneficial for any user across the globe:
- VoIP plans per line are more affordable than landline phone systems (POTS). You can easily save up to $30 per line if you switch to VoIP. Saving that much amount per line can allow you to communicate with more clients and endorse your business and products better.
- It does not matter whether you are sitting in your office or somewhere else, you can access VoIP services from anywhere you want. You can use cloud-based VoIP services to take advantage of cost-effective calls on-the-go. You will just need an internet connection to make calls.
- Higher scalability.
- Complete portability.
- Flexible plans for small and large business organizations.
- The VoIP telephone system supports multitasking.
- Better voice quality.
All these features lure both small and large size businesses towards VoIP.
Disadvantages of using a VoIP system:
The following disadvantages make VoIP an unreliable choice for businesses:
- You need a fast and reliable internet connection to use VoIP services. It will be a bit difficult to make calls via VoIP telephone system if your internet connection is slow or when there is no internet at all.
- No location tracking.
- Latency and Jitter.
These disadvantages work against VoIP and that’s why it is not a flawless system to rely on. However, business organizations are still making a one-time investment in VoIP and enjoying all the perks come with the VoIP telephone system. This system is based on the revolutionary technology that is going to get better and better with time.